It is way more than difficult to choose between two similar accounting and financial software products of a single company. Inuit offered both “QuickBooks online and QuickBooks pro” accounting software products that give a cut-to-cut competition to each other in terms of their features, performance, and pricing, etc. Actually that’s the most common debate among business owners while choosing the most suitable, perfect, and best accounting software for their business.
So, today in this blog, we have compared QuickBooks online to desktop, in order to help the QuickBooks 7 million users to decide which software from these two, is better for their business.
However, when you compare both “QuickBooks online and QuickBooks pro” accounting software, you came to realize that along with having very strong features; both of them have many differences as well. And, to give a quick overview of these differences, let me tell you that the two biggest differences between QuickBooks desktop and online are:
- Firstly, QuickBooks online requires no installation on a computer whereas QuickBooks Desktop does require the installation.
- Secondly, QuickBooks Desktop is locally-installed with a license pricing model whereas QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based software with a monthly pricing scheme.
Now, further going deep into the flow to compare Intuit’s products i.e., QuickBooks online to desktop, let’s have an in-depth view of QuickBooks software and its Desktop and hsslive Online version for having a better understanding of the comparisons between the two.
QuickBooks Accounting Software:
For those business owners who’re looking for some comprehensive and effective business tools, Inuit’s produced QuickBooks continues to be a top choice among them. QuickBooks accounting software helps business people to manage as well as host all the accounting and financial tasks (like tracking income, tracking sales, and invoicing customers) of an organization in a most simplified and secure manner.
And, to make the accounting and financial process, even more, easier, Intuit’s QuickBooks software offers both online and desktop versions of accounting software.
However, the debate starts from here only when business owners need to decide which software is right for them i.e., either QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop. Now, let’s compare them for your better understanding of the two!
QuickBooks Online vs. QuickBooks Desktop:
QuickBooks Desktop: Launched in 1992, QuickBooks Desktop software made the present Inuit’s reputation. The software is downloaded on your computer desktop once and after that one can operate it without Internet access. This means whether you have an internet connection or not, you’ll always have access to your financial information. And, that’s not it, for having more comprehensive features; it is still one of the primary software choices of accountants and business owners worldwide. QuickBooks Desktop software has three different desktop products i.e., QuickBooks Desktop Pro, QuickBooks Desktop Premier, and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- Automatically schedule and send transactions
- Attach images, signatures, documents, etc to transactions
- Review actions and track changes over time using audit log
- Re-label customers with an additional seven label options
- Automatic nightly bank transaction sync with undo option
- Custom banking rules by dollar value, class, percentage, and location
- Unlimited time tracking
- Unlimited access to reports-only users
- Delayed charges and delayed credits to schedule in future transactions
- Journal entries with multiple AP/ AR lines
- Multiple budgets per fiscal year
- Unlimited customer support and data backups, as well as upgrades to the latest version of the software.
- Create presentation-ready packages of reports
- Pro: $299.95
- Premier: $499.95
- Enterprise: $1,213
- Traditional accounting
- Strong features
- Potentially more secure
- 30-day trial available
- 200+ integrations
- No remote access or mobile apps
- Less automation than QBO
- Expensive licence structure
QuickBooks Online: Introduced in 2001, it’s a cloud-based software system that has more than 4.5 million subscribers. The software allows anyone to create an account simply by signing in with the help of a web browser or by downloading its application on your Windows operating system. People prefer this software because of its ability to access the software’s account in order to manage the account’s data from anywhere and anytime.
- Features Supports for:
- Automatic transaction scheduling as well as submission
- Multiple budgets every fiscal year
- Attachments through both mobile and desktop devices
- Change tracking through an audit log
- Additional labelling options
- Data parsing and analysis
- Automatic bank transaction sync
- Unlimited time tracking
- Adding unlimited users with reports access only
- Presentation-friendly reports etc.
- Simple Start: $25/month
- Essentials: $40/month
- Plus: $70/month
- Advanced: $45/month
- Strong features
- Built-in lending
- Easy to use
- Monthly pricing
- 500+ integrations
- More expensive than other SMB products
- Fewer features than Desktop
- No sales orders
So, both the QuickBooks accounting software programs have an amazing wealth of features and tools to offer them to their users in order to make their financial and accounting operating tasks such as tracking performances, managing tasks, invoicing customers, and tracking salary and incomes, etc. However, the answer about “QuickBooks Online vs. desktop: which software is better for you” will likely be found within yourself i.e. when you analyse your needs as well as your budget, you’ll definitely get your answer.